Sylvan Bio reserves the right to update this policy as needed without notice. You should review this page each time you visit our website to ensure that you agree with the current policy.
What Cookies Are and How They Are Used
A cookie is a small piece of data that your web browser saves onto your computer’s hard drive for use while you are browsing a website. Cookies help your computer load website pages faster the next time you visit, by storing small bits of information from the pages you viewed.
Traffic log cookies help us analyze which website pages our visitors are using most, and which ones they are not. This helps our website administrators to improve website usability.
Encrypted cookies are used to ensure the authentication of secure areas of our website, such as the login screen and product ordering areas.
Overall, cookies allow our website administrators to provide you with a better experience by enabling them to monitor which pages visitors find useful and which they don’t.
A cookie does not give our website access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share.
You have the right to accept or decline cookies at any time. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from making full use of our website. We do not track your activity across other websites, and do not allow third parties to do so.
Links to Other Websites
We have established internal policies and procedures designed to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of your personal information, and designed to safeguard and secure all information that we collect during and following any transaction.
When placing an order online, always look for a lock symbol and “https” in the address window, indicating that your information is being encrypted. Our website is currently secured with a GoDaddy.com Web Server Certificate. Order transactions on our website are protected with 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer encryption.
Information We Collect
We collect and store the information from customers who place an order, including the following:
- Name and/or Company Name
- Mailing and Shipping Address; street address, city, state, zip.
- Home and/or Cell Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- User Name and Password; only when you create an account.
- Order information; such as the date, order status, product, quantity, shipping and total amounts.
We collect, but do not store the following information:
- Payment Information; including credit card number, expiration date, security code.
How We Use Your Information
We may occasionally contact you by phone, email, or U.S. mail for the following reasons:
- Opinion surveys or questionnaires
- Special offers or promotions
- New product announcements
- Invitation to attend special events online or in person
We use the information you give us in the following ways:
- To understand your needs and preferences.
- To enable the sale of products.
- Internal record keeping.
- Making improvements to products and services.
- Making improvements to our website.
- Market research.
When you receive an unsolicited phone call, email, or letter requesting your personal information, that is called phishing. Nobody from Sylvan Bio or Sylvan Wellness will ever contact you asking for personal information such as your birth date, social security number, or driver’s license number. If you receive any suspicious “phishing” phone calls, emails or letters, please report them to your local police department as soon as possible.
We will not sell, distribute, lease, or share your personal information with any third parties unless we have your permission, or are required to do so by law.
We may occasionally send you information about third parties that we think you may find interesting.
You Control Your Personal Information
You may restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You may opt-out of our email list by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the page.
- When placing an order, do not “create an account” and you may continue as a guest, so that your information will not be saved.
- When you are asked to fill in a form on a website, look for a box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be stored by the website.
- If you have previously agreed to allow your information to be used by our website, you may revoke that permission at any time by calling, emailing, or sending a letter.
- You may request details of the personal information that we collect about you. A small copying and mailing fee may be applicable.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or inappropriate, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct or remove the information that is in question.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about the privacy of your personal information.